Marketing Manager – Destination Westport
12-month contract – 8 hours per week, commencing January 2018
Destination Westport is an exciting organization who focus on a collective effort of marketing for Westport as one of Ireland’s best destinations.
Applications are invited for the role of Marketing Manager for the organization. The basis of the role is to manage the marketing plan, budget and to present results on a monthly basis to the Marketing Committee.
We are looking for a marketing professional ideally with a background in hospitality marketing and/or destination/tourism marketing. Successful candidates will be driven, energetic, with a commercial focus and a personal drive to promote all of what Westport has to offer.
- Manage the organizations brand & reputation
- Analyse reports, generate action plans & be reactive to market trends
- Manage the annual marketing plan & budget
- Collect and circulate the annual events calendar for Westport
- Collect data/content from third-party committees in advance of events
- Roll out marketing campaigns for each event from the event calendar
- Liaise with members on individual requirements.
- Manage PR efforts; arrange PR/Journalists visits to Westport in return for coverage
- Manage Social Media channels
- Devise a focus on Bloggers & Influencers
- Roll out advertising campaigns via available channels; social media, radio, web, print
- Content manage www.destinationwestport.com
- Produce content rich Ezine Marketing Newsletters on a frequent basis
- Focus on SEO efforts
- Creation of a Blog or News section online
- Track digital innovation/traffic activity/trends
- Generate new ideas and drive collective sales promotions
- Attend shows, fairs, networking events as a representative of the organization
- Attend monthly Marketing Committee meetings and present overview of works
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a Marketing role
- Experience in the hospitality/tourism industry
- Professional manner with excellent communication skills
- Technology & computer skills must be advanced, ideally including Photoshop
- A confident person with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good organizational and negotiation skills
- Innovative with an audience focused outlook
This is a new role which will lead to a range of exciting prospects and opportunity to work with key tourism stakeholders in Westport.
This is a freelance contracted role and the suitable person should have their own provision of office space and associated materials.
Applications to: email@example.com