Please work with us, the Government of Ireland & The Health Service Executive to do all we can to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The National Tourism Development Authority and Fáile Ireland are working closely with the Government and tourism industry here in Westport as the COVID-19 situation unfolds.
We would like to reassure locals and visitors that we are taking all the steps we possibly can to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- 19:00 March 15th – All pubs in Westport will close as of midnight tonight for two weeks.
- Our hotels & businesses that are open are maintaining the highest possible standards of cleanliness, in line with the advice and guidelines from the Health Service Executive (HSE).
- The tourism industry here is monitoring the situation closely and are following official recommendations for the protection of all here in Westport.
- Please practice social distancing, hand washing & cough ettiquite in line with the HSE guidelines.
For the latest measures that the Irish Government have taken to tackle COVID-19 please see the latest statement from the Taoiseach here.
- We advise all visitors to Westport to adhere to recommendations from the Department of Health with regard to protecting yourself & others. If you have travelled from an affected area please note the advice given with regard to quarantine. You will find all information on the Governments of Ireland’s Website and on The Health Services Executive’s Website.
Travel and Public Transport to Westport
- For the latest travel advice, please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
- Public transport will continue as normal but the public is asked to follow guidelines on social distancing.
- If you’re concerned about how the COVID-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation provider here in Westport directly.
Tourism Sites, Activities and Events
- All cultural institutions and many local visitor attractions will be closed until 29th March or until further notice. This includes Westport House, Westport Leisure Park, The W Cinema, The Heritage Centre & The Town Hall Theatre. In most instances, our walking trails (Great Western Greenway) and parklands at Westport House will remain open.
- All indoor mass gatherings of more than 100 people and outdoor mass gatherings of more than 500 people have been cancelled. This advice will be in effect until 29th March 2020. Please see our events section for event cancellation updates.
We will be updating this page as soon as we recieve further information.