Treasure your Family Time at Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park
Are you looking for a variety of things to do to excite the whole family? Looking for an experience that you’ll all cherish for years to come? Look no further! A visit to Westport House delivers the ultimate family day out and the Pirate Adventure Park is ideally suited to children under 12 years.
The 18th century historic house with over 30 rooms open to the public, 4 exhibitions, guided tours telling the story of the family & the house as well as the Pirate Queen, Grace O’Malley, Tea Rooms and much more
Your day out includes:
- Rides such as the Cannonball Run Slide, Pirates Swinging Ship and Pirates Plunge Log Flume Ride
- Novelty Swan Pedaloe Boats on the lake
- Bouncy Castles
- Westport House Express – choo choo! – take a ride on our miniature railway
- Pitch & Putt, tennis, table-tennis & fishing
- Real-life Dungeons in Westport House – now decorated in a Grace O’Malley Maritime-theme to depict her sea-faring lifestyle
- Grace O’Malley Tour of Westport House – learn about our Pirate ancestry
- Beautiful parkland and lakeside setting of over 480 acres
- Plenty of dining options including picnic sites, Gracy’s Café & Bar and the Tea Rooms
- Paint your own Pottery – takes place in the basement of Westport House
- Pirates Playground by Gracy’s Bar & Cafe
- The Pirates Den indoor soft play area
- Special events all year long include an Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Fest, Fireworks Extravaganza, Winter Wonderland and more.
For children (and adults!) aged 8 years and older, a visit to the Adventure Activity Centre is a must! Try out Ireland’s only purpose-built zorbing site, give the brand new 250m zipwire a try, challenge the family to a game of Laser Combat or Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting or get on the lake in a Kayak or a Stand Up Paddle board.
Opening Times: daily during Easter mid-term break, daily from June through August as well as daily during October mid-term break. Please confirm opening time before you visit by visiting westporthouse.ie.
Visit westporthouse.ie to buy discounted tickets or talk to your accommodation provider who can offer you a special deal of a discounted ticket and next day free! Or if you plan to visit Westport House regularly, consider an Annual Membership Pass for tons of onsite discounts and as many visits as you like in 2012.
As a primarily outdoor attraction, please plan appropriately – this may mean sun hats, sun screen, umbrellas and rain gear all on the same day!